The short version
Before you take a deep dive into the legalese here’s the long and short of it:
- This site is a one person operation so you don’t have an entire trope of people looking at “your data”.
- The only data this site collects is your email address, only if you decide to subscribe to the newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- There are no ads on this site. Neither does it have all the technology that comes with them. So be rest assured.
- The site does use google analytics to help me understand user experience. Any data used is anonymized.
- The site participates in the Amazon affiliates program. All articles on the site use clear references to books, articles, and journal papers that were used for citation. The intent is to help you with further research if you are interested. Links that reference books go to Amazon and these are affiliate links. All this means is that I might make a penny or two when you buy a book at no extra cost to you. Maintaining a site like this goes into the thousands per year and this helps offset some of the costs. Albeit minimally.
The stuff stated below is typical of almost all websites. There is nothing specific to this site. So here we go.
Personal Information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
“Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
Additionally, when you sign up for our email newsletters, we collect your email address. We refer to this information as “Subscriber Information.”
How do we use your personal information?
We use your Personal Information to:
- to perform statistical, demographic and marketing analyses of our users and for other internal business purposes to improve our Services;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you have requested;
- to comply with regulatory and legal obligations.
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent your information to others.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact me by e-mail email@example.com or at the following address:
113 Cherry St #92768, Seattle, WA, 98104-2205